Friday 31 August 2012

Blue moon


I woke up this morning feeling creative. The blue moon this month has clearly had an effect on me. I always find that around the time of the full moon I feel a bit more emotional than normal but this month as there are 2 full moons, I thought Id put them to good use.

So after returning from the nursery school run (Isaac goes to school and Mummy has a day off) I dragged out all of my craft things. I have to admit that a few weeks ago Brian (my husband) got cross with my keeping craft bits stashed around the house. So we now have 2 stacks of drawers that contain all of my bits & bobs. Its amazing how much stuff you accumulate when you don't keep it all organised. In fact if I'm honest, I surprised myself by how much fabric I have.


So today I was going to put it to good use. I started out by ironing it all and cutting 5" thick strips, which I then cut again into 5" squares. Oh how I love a rotary cutter and self-heeling board. My plan is to make a crazy patchwork quilt for the master bed. I love things to be bright and colourful and a little bit unusual so I have intentionally chosen a really wide range of different fabrics. It was only after I had cut about 250 of these 5"x5"squares that Brian chirped up saying that he wasn't too keen on the idea as it doesn't have a theme. So, at present this project is on hold until he goes out for the day and then I'm going to get busy. I will keep you updated with pictures of how its going.

No comments:

Post a Comment