Tuesday 7 August 2012

Sewing day

Today I had arranged for my husband and son to go out for the whole day so that I could be left in peace and get some serious sewing done. The boys left at 8.30am so I had a quick blitz in the house & then pulled out all my craft bits. I have discovered that I have an awful lot more stuff then I thought I had - oops!
I had already sewn the blue patchwork side of the cloak, so today I attached both side to the wading with pins.

I then found some wonderful monster fabric and cut 5cm strips in order to make the surrounding binding. I folded over & pressed this fabric with the iron so that I was all ready to quilt the cloak and finish it today. A slight problem then happened, I somehow managed to jam my machine and didn't even start to quilt the cloak. So now tomorrow my son & I are taking it back to the store to see if they can help me unjam it.


Why is it that whenever I set aside time specifically to have some sewing time, something sabotages it. I just hope my precious machine isn't too badly damaged & can be fixed easily!!



No comments:

Post a Comment